Saturday 13 October 2012

Has it really been this long?


I realise I haven't posted anything here in a long time. I'd best update you on what I've been doing! 

When I last posted, I'd just begun the Project 333 quick start course. I thought I would be able to do both my September Challenge and the course, but I didn't know about the project 333 course until after I'd started my monthly challenge. So, things got a bit hectic, and I ran out of time. 

Project 333, in short, involves selecting 33 items of clothing, including jewellery, outerwear and accessories to wear for 3 months. Every quarter you change up your selection to match the season. 4 seasons, starting Jan 1st, April 1st, July 1st and Oct 1st. The rest that falls outside of the 33 gets boxed up for the next change-in-season.

As I am on a journey to simplify my life, the course was a great opportunity to become accountable for the challenge, and get involved with a community on the same path. Things are much more fun if you do them with others! Joining the course was a great experience, I am still connected to approx 200 people all over the world who are simplifying their wardrobes, and learning to live with less.  

Some photos I took during the course:





The three piles of clothes for Week 1 homework, and the donate bags after the first week. 30 items total gone to charity!





This is my wardrobe for  Oct 1st - Dec 31st. 

29 on the bed....
















...Four pairs of shoes


total = 33















This is what my drawer looks like now.


This is the only one with day-clothes in, the others have make-up and pyjamas. 

I love this! It is so easy to find what I'm looking for. 












I'm now two weeks in to the first season of Project 333. I was scared that I wouldn't be able to last the 3 months, but I'm more confident now. There is more to life than clothes, and with these choices I don't have to worry about feeling uncomfortable, or whether they look good on me. That is because, I ONLY chose items that fit well, look good and suit my style. 

In other news:


  • I started a new job on October 1st, temporary to begin with, but hope to go permanent. Hence, less blogging time. 
  • I have got a few more posts lined up that belong with the September challenge. 
  • and several others for little things I've been doing in my flat. 
  • I am committed to having and living with less stuff. Most of the projects here will be done with what I already have in the house, and preferably without spending anything. 
  • I'm trying to juggle two blogs now, but I am going to try my best to keep coming here with craftiness! 

Have you been doing any big projects lately?







5 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, congratulations on your new job and also on downsizing to 33 clothing items! Could you please share your other blog with us?
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, and thank you! I can email you the link to the new blog, not ready to share it publicly yet.

      hope you're well. :)

      Delete
    2. Linda, it's ok. I'll read it when you're ready to share :)

      Delete
  2. Good to see you back here! Congratulations on the job. Sounds like you've been very busy. I am sewing like made for craft fairs, and trying to make christmas presents, so busy here. Well done on the project 333 challenge, that must save so much time in the mornings! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yeah things have been crazy. hoping to get more posts up soon. hard with two blogs, a full time job and all the crafting on top!

      dressing with 33 items saves so so much time! I don't have to worry about what goes together, because it all does!

      yay for making christmas presents. I personally refuse to acknowledge Christmas until Dec, by which time it will be too late to make anything hehe!

      xx

      Delete

Come and visit this blog at its new home www.beautiful-again.com. I've closed comments on this blog due to the spammy emails I get.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.